Sightseeing in Style: Trevor's Segway Safari in Cartagena
Story: Sightseeing in Style: Trevor's Segway Safari in Cartagena
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 19th February 2023
Get ready for an adventure as Trevor zooms through the charming streets of Cartagena, gliding effortlessly on his sleek and stylish Segway.
- There are a multitude of options available for exploring new destinations when cruising with Viking, and guests can choose to meander the streets at their own pace, join a guided tour with a group, or even opt for a more daring adventure.
- For one such intrepid traveller, the exploration continues on a Segway - yes, you read that right – Trevor’s nerves are running high!
- After a brief instruction and safety briefing, the intrepid explorer is taught how to maneuver the Segway PT using subtle shifts in body weight, quickly discovering that it is an exhilarating experience.
- Though some level of physical fitness is required, it's more about balance and control than sheer athleticism.
- The first steps are taken along the flat promenade before attempting the uphill climb to Parque Torres and its stunning castle, Castillo de la Concepcion, which boasts a history spanning the Roman and Moorish periods.
- And of course, the Segway proves to be the ideal mode of transportation for taking in the picturesque views of the city along the way.
- Upon reaching the castle, guests can wander the gardens and visit the museum before taking a break for coffee or a spot of shopping.
- On the way back to the port, Emilio chooses an alternative route via the Naval Museum, a fascinating military exhibit detailing the rich history of Spanish naval power.
- And throughout the journey, Emilio is on hand to ensure that the Segway ride is a thoroughly enjoyable and safe experience. All in all, it's a fantastic and unforgettable way to explore the breathtaking town of Cartagena.
For more information: