Segment: Onboard Activities
Episode: Explore Silversea
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 29th December 2019
There is an extensive program of onboard enrichment on the Silver Muse.
- Silversea ships head to 1048 ports, a record in the cruising world.
- In travelling to more destinations, Silversea have upped the calibre of activities on the ships.
- Flavio, the ship’s hotel director, is the perfect man to help plan the day’s activities.
- Food plays a huge part in the onboard experience, with 8 different restaurants, all providing different cuisine. Food is the centre of a lot of activities, with galley tours, wine tastings and cooking demonstrations.
- There are different themed cruises, such as wine cruises, which have sommeliers onboard running wine courses and tastings.
- Onboard enrichment is important to Silversea, who aim for their guests to be wiser when they leave the ship. They employ a number of specialised lecturers, such as astronomers.
- There is a state-of-the-art gym with a personal trainer, who runs Pilates and yoga classes as well as offering one on one training.
- There is entertainment onboard as well, with team trivia nights and bridge courses. In the evenings there are 2 shows, early and late. There is entertainment in all the bars and venues, and there is a late cabaret.
- The salsa dancing class is well worth a visit.