The Homestead Restaurant and Parilla Grill
Story: The Homestead Restaurant and Parilla Grill
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 19 June 2021
Trevor visits ‘The Homestead’, a locally renowned restaurant on Norfolk Island, dedicated to serving fresh and local dishes enriched in flavour.
- The Homestead is located opposite the stunning 100 Acre Reserve and alongside the famous 200+ year-old Moreton Bay fig trees.
- The Homestead is a 1930’s home that has been transformed into a restaurant by the Menghetti family.
- Food is cooked over a wood-fuelled Argentinian Perilla grill engineered by the father of owner Kurt Menghetti, to enhance the depth of the flavour in every meal.
- Kurt Menghetti believes that cooking over embers enriches their menu and adds an element of traditional preparation to the food.
- The Homestead embraces the ‘paddock to plate’ philosophy that characterises local Norfolk Island cooking, with their menu designed around seasonal produce.
- Most of the vegetables and meat used at the restaurant is farm-grown at the 100 Acre Farm and all fish is also local and line-caught.
- A staple item on The Homestead menu is the naturally fermented, woodfired sourdough made by Kurt Menghetti; a fresh and quality addition to the menu.
- The Homestead offers a full bar service and food can be enjoyed inside or on the fantastic deck, overlooking the property’s gorgeous gardens.
For more information: