Story: Lake Louise
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 11th December 2022
Trevor takes a trip to Lake Louise and takes a guided tour of the world-famous Johnston Canyon Trail.
- Lake Louise is home to three ski resorts, countless glacier fed lakes, two vibrant townsites, and authentic Canadian culture and cuisine and is located is located approximately 90 minutes’ drive from Calgary International Airport.
- Take a guided tour during the Winter and Spring months with Johnston canyon hiking tours with overhanging canyon walls, waterfalls, the deep pools of Johnston Creek, and lush forest are sure to leave a memorable impression.
- Carved steeply into the limestone bedrock by thousands of years of water erosion, the dramatic Johnston Canyon is a breathtaking natural attraction in Banff National Park.
- Johnston Canyon is one of the most popular destinations in Banff National Park, and for good reason; it is a place of dramatic natural beauty accessible to most.
- Nestled in the hamlet of Lake Louise, The Station Restaurant is a step back in time.
- What used to be a bustling train stop is now a cosy place to stop in and enjoy a relaxing meal with such specialties as bison burgers, salmon, and Alberta beef tenderloin.
- The Lake Louise Station is a unique venue with a great ambience that comes in distinct flavours. First, there’s the Station itself, which offers its four main areas – the Great Room, East Room, the outdoor patio and heritage garden, and the Stationmasters & Parcel Rooms.
- Then, there’s the Delamere, their historic dining car available for special functions any time throughout the season if the sound is too much in the restaurant.
For more information: