Whistler in Summer
Story: Whistler in Summer
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 10th December 2022
Trevor visits Whistler, British Columbia a town that is consistently ranked among the world’s top golf, biking and skiing resorts.
- Located in the Coast Mountains, a scenic two-hour drive north of Vancouver; Whistler offers an almost limitless array of activities including epic skiing and snowboarding, the world’s best mountain bike park, championship golfing, flightseeing, ziplining, hiking, and more in the ultimate mountain backdrop.
- With over 200 dining options with tastes from around the world in cafes, grab and go, fine-dining, pubs, lounges and nightclubs and over 150 shops and 20 spas Whistler is the ultimate travel destination.
- Talk to any resident and you’ll hear - “We came for the winter and we stayed because of the summer!”
- The Peak to Peak Gondola connects the Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains and is a multi-world record breaking gondola.
- Opening in December 2008 the Gondola is the highest and longest, continuous lift system on the globe at 436 metres above the valley floor.
- When combined with a ride on the Whistler Village Gondola and new Blackcomb Gondola, it creates a continuous 13.5-kilometre loop from the bottom of Whistler Mountain, across the valley between both mountains, and down Blackcomb Mountain; providing visitors access to alpine hiking, sightseeing, biking and dining in the mountains
- From flight-seeing tours, heli-hiking, heli-golf, heli-yoga and picnics, Blackcomb Helicopters passengers from around the world are able to gain a different perspective of the Coast Mountains and the incredible Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Blackcomb Helicopters offers carbon neutral tourism flights as of 2018. They measure the greenhouse gases that they emit during each hour of flight and mitigate the emissions from tourism flights by purchasing the equivalent amount of carbon offsets for the Quadra Island Forestland Conservation Project
For more information: