Wood Street Ramen
Segment: Wood Street Ramen
Episode: Explore Yukon
Air Date: 22nd December 2019
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
There is a progressive and exciting culinary scene emerging in the Yukon, with Wood Street Ramen being one of the best examples of it.
- Wood Street Ramen offers Asian inspired food cooked with Canadian techniques and influences.
- Co-owner Troy King has always been a chef – his mother tells of him getting in the way in the kitchen at the age of 7. By the age of 10, he’d started cooking meals for the family.
- King has travelled a lot, living in Asia for 10 years before returning to Canada. He stopped by the Yukon on the way back to Hong Kong and ended up staying.
- Wood Street Ramen sources all their ingredients from local producers. Everything is organic, and it all comes from the Yukon.
- Everything is created fresh in-house, including the ramen noodles.
- Troy’s passion for the restaurant is clear from the moment you walk through the doors – the black walls are covered with art from local artists, and the industrial style lighting contrasts the wooden tables and bar beautifully.
- The food at Wood Street Ramen caters to everyone, offering vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.