Episode: 1 Canada East Coast
Title: Old Quebec City
Broadcast: Jan 21st 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane and Scott Taylor
Trevor and Scott travel just 15 minuets from Sainte-Foy train station to Quebec City in search of great food and produce world famous Marche du Vieux - Port de Quebec farmers market.
- Operating 365 days of the year Marche du Vieux farmers market in the heart of Quebec offers the freshest produce which Scott and Trevor are keen to try.
- The market sells everything from flowers, plants, vegetables, fruit, artisan chesses, baked goods and maple products all produced using old French practices.
- There are about 80 artisan cheese producers in and around Quebec. Scott chats to Andree Tremblay an artisan cheese maker who’s selling chesses in the market. The cheese tried is made from whole milk, honey wine and is completely organic.
- Mary-Eve Theberge sells macaron’s with sea salt and caramel being their best seller and her favorite maple and apple.
- Nicole St-Pierre sells smooth and rich Foie Gras, goose liver is famous in and around the Quebec region.
- The market has been running since 1614; open 7 days a week, so stop in if you get the chance when visiting Quebec.
For more information:
Destination Canada URL: www.explorecanada.com.au
Air Canada URL: www.aircanada.com.au